Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Master Bath Finished Enough for Pictures

Posted by copperqueen (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 07 at 16:42

I'm finally ready to post some picures of my almost-done master bathroom. Here's a link:

The remodeling seemed to drag on forever, in part because of problems with fabricating the marble countertop, and in part because my contractor had other commitments (which I knew about up front and accepted). After remodeling a kitchen and two other bathrooms before this bathroom, I am finally through with remodeling.....hopefully for a long, long time. I learned so much from this site, which is why I am posting. Thank you to everyone.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Master Bathroom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Master Bath Finished Enough for Pictures

Wow! You really did a great job. You gave me a nice idea for the "pony wall" which I do have and just seems awkward. I love the showerseat and niche. Great great job.

o

Thank you so much. I posted just for the purpose of giving ideas to others, so I am glad it might have done just that.

o

I think you did an outstanding job! I wish I had seen your niche before ours was built. I hate ours! Too tall with too little useable space. Very creative and pretty! Was your marble pattern pre-done, or did you have to create it? If so who did it?

o

Thank you! The emperador dark listello (for the pony wall and shower seat borders)and the floor medallion were pre-made, and the 1 x 1 mosaics came on a mesh backing. Everything else was done by the tile setter. I did the design of the marble walls and floors myself, and I picked the tiles, the slabs and the colors. But I had a designer do the layout of the room, since the old bathroom was completely demolished, walls and everything, and all the drains were relocated. We started completely from scratch.

o

Very nice! Are the mirrored med cabinets custom?

o

Yes, they are. Crystal did all the cabinets, including the mirrored med cabinets.

o

Looks great! I like the idea of the little cabin.

Where did you get your wall sconces?

o

The sconces are from a company called Baci. I think you can find Baci lighting online using yahoo or google. They work well because the wall space is quite narrow, and very few sconces are narrow enought to fit. The lightbulbs are halogen, so they put out a lot of light, which is nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here