Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally Completed Bath!!!!

Posted by bsf31392 (My Page) on
Sat, May 27, 06 at 16:37

After months of lurking on this board, my bath has finally been completed!! I learned so much from you all and I felt like I should share the final product.

Here is what I used:

Vitabath Zephyr airtub
Botticino Honed Marble tile
Walker Zanger Weave glass tile in Bamboo
Breccia Onciata countertop w/ 12" backsplash and pencil edge
Toto Mercer Toilet
Hansgrohe Retroaktiv fittings in Polished nickel
Custom vanity of espresso stained cherry
Restoration Lugaro Train rack
Pottery barn Polished Nickel Mirror
Restoration Hardware Devon Sconces

This was a lot more taxing than my full kitchen remodel but I had the world's BEST contractor and that made it a whole lot more bearable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Finally Completed Bath!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally Completed Bath!!!!

OY I love this. Really really beautiful. I knew I'd love it when I saw the WZ Weave mentioned...

Are you loving it? I think I may print your bathtub surround look out to show our guys (my DH and friend) so I can show them what I want.

Congratulations!!!

o

It's smashing - very classy. Thanks for sharing the pics.

o

How beautiful! What a wonderful place to start the day.

o

Beautiful, very classy, modern and elegant. I am very jealous, especially since mine is still in the demo stage.

o

That is utter and sheer brillant work, you've done to that bathroom. Exquisite

o

This bathroom is very beautiful! It combines a classy design with practical usage. I'm so impressed! And the colors are just wonderful. You must love staring at the tile! Enjoy!

o

Thank you so much for all the kind compliments. I am enjoying the bathroom very much!! Maybe too much, I have been taking baths in the airtub twice a day :)!

I spent so many hours on this forum finding out the best values for what I could afford. I had some splurges such as the Walker Zanger tile but I also found out about some awesome internet deals through this forum.

Prior to Gardenweb I had never heard of Toto nor did I know the difference between and airtub and a jetted tub. I got help from forum members on the home decorating board to help pick the paint color. Which by the way was a stretch for me. I was concerned that it was too dark for such a small bath. I love it now!!

I lived with the original bath for 9 years. It had not had anything done to it 55 years!! Here is some pictures of what I started with. This will show how good my contractor was!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

ket.com" target="_blank">Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

bsf31392

The amount of thought you put into your bathroom really shows. Its nothing short of Absolutely Stunning! I love the way you incorporated your colors and design.
I have a few questions if you dont mind.

1-Vanity details:
- Is it one vanity or 3 separate boxes
- Drawer sizes on right side of sink
- Door size on left side of sink
- Size of sink base
- Total length of vanity
- Counter top depth at center bump out and sides
- Info on the vanity knobs and handles

2- Size of floor tile
Size of shower wall tile

Thanks
Vern

o

Loverly! What's your wall color's name/brand?

o

Vern-

My vanity is comprised of three boxes that are 18 inches deep on either side and 22 inches deep in the middle. Remember the footprint of the bathroom is original to the 1940s. Because of the door threshold I was limited in how deep my cabinet could be.

The cabinet is the standard 32 or 33 inches tall and 66 inches wide.

I am not sure of the drawer size or the door size. They are standard though.

The pulls came from Restoration hardware. I can't remember the name but it is one of their newer styles.

The floor tile is a great travertine like porcelain. It is 12 inches square.

The wall tile is a honed botticino that is 12 inches square done in offset pattern.

Catkin- The color is Greenfield Pumpkin by BM. I used a pearl finish that is absolutely gorgeous and wears suprisingly well in the humid conditions of a heavily used bathroom.

o

Great job! Truly, it's spectactular.
I see you live in CA. I live in L.A. and was wondering if you could email me with your contractor's info. Thanks so much!

Ellen

o

Ellen-

I actually live in Oakland. If there is anyone in the Oakland or Berkeley area who is interested in the world's best contractor (seriously!) Please ask and I will give you his information.

Wish I could help Ellen but I don't think he will commute that far :))

o

I love everything single thing in your new bathroom...absolutely beautiful! First time I've seen the Mercer installed and it is very attractive too!

What color paint is that on the walls?

o

Wow!! Amazing bath! I love everything about it. You really had a vision for it! I think what I love most of all is that you've achieved modern without cold. The colorful tile accents, the wall color, the richness of the cabinets--all add a lot of warmth. At the same time, I love the crispness of your faucets, the white marble tile, etc. I'll have to keep this on file for future reference!! Enjoy!

o

Your bathroom is gorgeous. In fact, I love it so much that I'm trying to figure out a way to get myself some WZ weave! My contractor hates me, but I don't care, you've truly inspired me!

o

I live in the SF East Bay also, and am wondering if you would tell me the retail source of your hones marble.

Vicki

o

I bought my marble from Italics in Emeryville. There is also a very nice tile store in Lafayette called European Tile and Marble. Both companies will give 15% off if you have your contractors contract w/ license number.

Good Luck!!

o

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here