Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bsf31392

Finally Completed Bath!!!!

bsf31392
17 years ago

After months of lurking on this board, my bath has finally been completed!! I learned so much from you all and I felt like I should share the final product.

Here is what I used:

Vitabath Zephyr airtub

Botticino Honed Marble tile

Walker Zanger Weave glass tile in Bamboo

Breccia Onciata countertop w/ 12" backsplash and pencil edge

Toto Mercer Toilet

Hansgrohe Retroaktiv fittings in Polished nickel

Custom vanity of espresso stained cherry

Restoration Lugaro Train rack

Pottery barn Polished Nickel Mirror

Restoration Hardware Devon Sconces

This was a lot more taxing than my full kitchen remodel but I had the world's BEST contractor and that made it a whole lot more bearable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Finally Completed Bath!!!

Comments (18)

• mahatmacat1
    17 years ago

OY I love this. Really really beautiful. I knew I'd love it when I saw the WZ Weave mentioned...

Are you loving it? I think I may print your bathtub surround look out to show our guys (my DH and friend) so I can show them what I want.

Congratulations!!!

• kimeryl
    17 years ago

It's smashing - very classy. Thanks for sharing the pics.

• liz_h
    17 years ago

How beautiful! What a wonderful place to start the day.

• domfilou
    17 years ago

Beautiful, very classy, modern and elegant. I am very jealous, especially since mine is still in the demo stage.

• glaswegian
    17 years ago

That is utter and sheer brillant work, you've done to that bathroom. Exquisite

• write4rx
    17 years ago

This bathroom is very beautiful! It combines a classy design with practical usage. I'm so impressed! And the colors are just wonderful. You must love staring at the tile! Enjoy!

• bsf31392
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you so much for all the kind compliments. I am enjoying the bathroom very much!! Maybe too much, I have been taking baths in the airtub twice a day :)!

I spent so many hours on this forum finding out the best values for what I could afford. I had some splurges such as the Walker Zanger tile but I also found out about some awesome internet deals through this forum.

Prior to Gardenweb I had never heard of Toto nor did I know the difference between and airtub and a jetted tub. I got help from forum members on the home decorating board to help pick the paint color. Which by the way was a stretch for me. I was concerned that it was too dark for such a small bath. I love it now!!

I lived with the original bath for 9 years. It had not had anything done to it 55 years!! Here is some pictures of what I started with. This will show how good my contractor was!!

ket.com" target="_blank">

• vern1
    17 years ago

bsf31392

The amount of thought you put into your bathroom really shows. ItÂs nothing short of Absolutely Stunning! I love the way you incorporated your colors and design.
    I have a few questions if you donÂt mind.

1-Vanity details:
    - Is it one vanity or 3 separate boxes
    - Drawer sizes on right side of sink
    - Door size on left side of sink
    - Size of sink base
    - Total length of vanity
    - Counter top depth at center bump out and sides
    - Info on the vanity knobs and handles

2- Size of floor tile
    Size of shower wall tile

Thanks
    Vern

• catkin
    17 years ago

Loverly! What's your wall color's name/brand?

• bsf31392
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Vern-

My vanity is comprised of three boxes that are 18 inches deep on either side and 22 inches deep in the middle. Remember the footprint of the bathroom is original to the 1940s. Because of the door threshold I was limited in how deep my cabinet could be.

The cabinet is the standard 32 or 33 inches tall and 66 inches wide.

I am not sure of the drawer size or the door size. They are standard though.

The pulls came from Restoration hardware. I can't remember the name but it is one of their newer styles.

The floor tile is a great travertine like porcelain. It is 12 inches square.

The wall tile is a honed botticino that is 12 inches square done in offset pattern.

Catkin- The color is Greenfield Pumpkin by BM. I used a pearl finish that is absolutely gorgeous and wears suprisingly well in the humid conditions of a heavily used bathroom.

• compumom
    17 years ago

Great job! Truly, it's spectactular.
    I see you live in CA. I live in L.A. and was wondering if you could email me with your contractor's info. Thanks so much!

Ellen

• bsf31392
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ellen-

I actually live in Oakland. If there is anyone in the Oakland or Berkeley area who is interested in the world's best contractor (seriously!) Please ask and I will give you his information.

Wish I could help Ellen but I don't think he will commute that far :))

• msafirstein
    17 years ago

I love everything single thing in your new bathroom...absolutely beautiful! First time I've seen the Mercer installed and it is very attractive too!

What color paint is that on the walls?

• lisalm
    17 years ago

Wow!! Amazing bath! I love everything about it. You really had a vision for it! I think what I love most of all is that you've achieved modern without cold. The colorful tile accents, the wall color, the richness of the cabinets--all add a lot of warmth. At the same time, I love the crispness of your faucets, the white marble tile, etc. I'll have to keep this on file for future reference!! Enjoy!

• isaacsmom
    17 years ago

Your bathroom is gorgeous. In fact, I love it so much that I'm trying to figure out a way to get myself some WZ weave! My contractor hates me, but I don't care, you've truly inspired me!

• vicki_ca
    17 years ago

I live in the SF East Bay also, and am wondering if you would tell me the retail source of your hones marble.

Vicki

• bsf31392
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I bought my marble from Italics in Emeryville. There is also a very nice tile store in Lafayette called European Tile and Marble. Both companies will give 15% off if you have your contractors contract w/ license number.

Good Luck!!

• vicki_ca
    17 years ago

Thank you!