Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Modern bathroom almost complete - subway w glass tile accent

Posted by foxycandy (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 07 at 14:45

Hi all!
Our tiny bathroom remodel is nearly complete! Thanks to all on this site for inspriration, I have been lurking for years. This is the second bath in our house, it is mostly used as a guest bath and children's bath. A simple, modern remodel. Click the link for before and after photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/candycaps/Bathroom2

Following are the materials used:

White subway tile: Daltile 3x6
Glass tile: Walker Zanger Cocktail mosaic in "Margarita" and Walker Zanger Spa Glass Swizzle Stick in "Spring"
Floor: Novanna Travertine 18x18
Vanity: Ikea Stenskar
Sink: Ikea Hollviken
Sink faucet: Danze Parma
Tub and Shower fixtures: Danze Parma
Toilet: Toto Ultramax
Towel bar: Danze Parma
TP holder: Kohler Stillness
Mirror: Ikea

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Modern bathroom almost complete - subway w glass tile accent

Ah, the Hollviken! How is it to use? We're getting close to installing ours.

And the rest is beautiful, too. Really like that light fixture. Great choice.

o

Hi flyleft, Thanks!

So far the Hollviken is great! It is nice to have such a large sink, it also helps to avoid splashing from the somewhat strong flow of water from the faucet we chose. The only thing I do not like is the lack of counterspace, but then there is less to clutter as well...

I love the Justice Design Group light fixture too - the thick glass shades are very beautiful and have a lovely golden glow, yet the light is still quite bright.

o

foxy, are you still around? Oddly enough, for our next bath we're thinking of using the smaller Hollviken and Danze Parma, and here you are using the same things! (we have our big hollviken in our master bath and love it every day). Would you share your thoughts on how the Parma is holding up? Would you use it again, knowing how it's been so far?

TIA -- hope you see this...OH, we're also using some mosaic tile accent in and amongst larger format tiles lol...I *swear* I wasn't intentionally copying :)

o

That's a really nice bathroom!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here