Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished DIY bath - before/afters

Posted by natesgramma (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 07 at 10:52

DH and I have just finished our very small guest bath remodel in our fixer/home. Removed wallpaper, flooring, existing door, all fixtures, most drywall. We moved the tub and pipes to the back wall, reinsulated walls, drywall and textured, installed glass blocks, ceiling exhaust fan/light, 3 seperate areas of lights on dimmers, 5' whirlpool tub with heater and extra insulation, all new tiled floors and walls, new toilet and fixtures, HD granite sink.

We spent a lot of time making sure the tub surround would not hold standing water from the shower and it's perfect. We went with all neutral colors so that I could change the accessories. We still need to frame some pics. DH built the cherry vanity and I built the tall storage cabinet. I am in 7th heaven with that tub.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We still need to build a framed mirror.
Tiled but not grouted -

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished DIY bath - before/afters

Wow.. great job! I love the glass blocks!

o

You built the vanity & cabinet? WOW, very impressive. The light cherry is beautiful. Congrats.

Ann

o

You did a great job! The cabinets are fantastic and look nice with the counter top.

o

Thank you so much. It was a lot of work but every time I walk in I'm pleased with the way it has turned out. I absolutely love my tub. It fits me perfectly and is great to soak and read in. Now on to the kitchen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here