Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How high above vanity mirror should I hang lights

Posted by lyban (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 12, 10 at 23:03

I have lots of room between the crown molding and the vanity mirror so I am not sure at what height to put the lights. The width of pedestal sink is 24 inches. Vanity mirror will be 20 inches wide by 28 inches high. How far up from the mirror frame do you think I should hang the lights.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How high above vanity mirror should I hang lights

bump

o

Have somebody hold a flashlight at different levels pointing down at you while you lean into the mirror and imagine that you're trying to get an eyelash out of your eye. If you are working in your own shadow, the lights are too high.

This is why sconces, one on either side of the mirror, are better for best lighting/visibility.

o

You should post your questions on the discussion side of this forum. You've posted on the gallery side, which is for photos of completed projects.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here