Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Contemporary Power room taking shape

Posted by sharkm (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 07 at 14:49

My 5x5 power room is taking shape. The pumping is still not done, mirror and accessory not installed. But it is turning out to be better then I had envisioned. Below is the mock up of the sink and faucet.

Also need to install this wall sconce from WAC.

I cannot wait for this to finish!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Contemporary Power room taking shape

Wow, it looks really good and it's not even finished yet! I like the tiles! Are the ones the wall the same as floor? Did you cut them or do they come with smaller size?

o

Thanks. The lamp is now installed and the green light make it look really good. The tiles on the walls are not the same as the floor.

o

Who makes those tiles? They look great!

o

Actually, I did not really know who makes the tile until you ask. We just found the tile we like at the tile store. But now I just found out (after the fact) that they were from Imola. The white is Origami, the liner is Daisho and I don't know about the gray one.

o

I love it! You made beautiful choices. They look great with the neutral background.

I just had Imola Micron tile installed in my kitchen, hallway, and bathroom. They did not do a great job on the grout. Even though I went 1/16 of an inch in between, I can feel the space. It's sort of rough. Do you have any issues like that with yours? I love the look of the porcelain. It is simple and beautiful like yours. The actual tiles are very smooth and almost have a "soft" feel. He's supposed to come back and redo the grout. I think it should be even with the top of the tile on this kind of contemporary install. I would appreciate any feedback on your tile.

o

The grout lines are ok. As in my photo they are fairly wide, so you can easily feel that space. The edges are straight, smooth and even.

o

I just saw this--Great! Any more pics?

And kristen, if you had 1/16 groutlines, that probably means that the installer used unsanded, which has a habit of shrinking upon curing. It's not his fault so it's nice that he's agreeing to come back and "fix it". I wonder how he was going to do that. Had the original grout been sealed? If he used Spectralock, I do think that new epoxy can stick to old epoxy, so that would actually be lucky...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here