Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Funky Powder Room,

Posted by pirula (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 07 at 19:19

Okay some of you may remember my discussions on the funky powder room. I used an antique washstand as a vanity and kept the rest pretty modern. I really like the idea that the washstand is being used for its original intention, only in a very modern, up to the minute way.

The large picture is a silk screen poster that I got on a vacation to New Orleans about 15 years ago. Technically speaking, it's probably nothing special. But I absolutely love it.

I hope you enjoy.....

Details:

Faucet: Dornbracht Tara
Toilet: Toto "Supreme" one piece
Sink: Duravit
Floor: Carerra marble mosaic tile from Waterworks.
Vanity: Antique, white oak.
Accessories: Dornbracht Tara series.
Lights: Ummmmm, German pendants purchased at a local lighting store.
Mirror: Hansgrohe, Philippe Starck

Ivette

Here is a link that might be useful: Ivette's powder room

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Funky Powder Room,

pirula
I love your powder room , what is the size of the room? I am thinking of having one off my bedroom. My space is seven by eight.

o

I love that your bathroom IS different and not the run-of-the-mill remodel. It has a lot of WOW factors to it, from the pendant lighting to the modern/antique sink. People remember spaces that that. Great job!

o

Very nice! Can I ask how you like the Toto Supreme? I'm considering that model......

o

Thanks!!!

I LOVE the Toto Supreme. In fact, I'm getting another one for the downstairs bathroom, which is the next remodel project (after we recover from this one). Highly recommend it.

The powder room is roughly 5 X 5. It was originally your standard 5 X 7 full bathroom with a tub/shower. We took the tub out of this room and gave that space to the bathroom adjacent to it, making it bigger.

Ivette

o

A cool idea using pendant in the bathroom! I am having hard time finding sconces for the bathroom! This could work.. thanks!

o

Really nice!
Oh! The pendants looks great! Now I wished I thought of putting pendants in mine!

o

Very nice! I should visit this side more often. Is that a mirror on the right or a medicine cabinet? Is it the same width as the recessed shelving? Love the contrast there :) And how low do the pendants hang? I saw pendants used in one model home that ended up blocking the opening of the medicine cabinets...great thinking there...but I'm guessing yours are high enough, you all being the design geniuses you are :)

o

How do i get to view the bathroom...I'm curious!

o

I'm blocked out too. :( I love funky!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here