Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally finished bath ~

Posted by Colo_Lady (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 25, 05 at 14:58

We remodeled this bath at the same time we remodeled our kitchen and other main floor rooms. On the main floor, there is only this one bath. You used to have to access it through another room - you would have to go through the Master or the office to get to it. Well, let me tell you how much that s*cked! So we removed those doors and put the door off the hall. I WISH I had before pictures - there was a PINK laminate counter, and worst of all a PINK CARPET. No, I don't think even a picture would have done justice to the old bath.

We were considering just a shower in this room, but went with a shower/tub combo because I love to take baths and for resale value. Our old bath had a jacuzzi - the new one is just a soaker. Didn't want to have to clean the jacuzzi pipes again. We had room to install two sinks but decided the linen closet storage was more valuable to us.

The house style is Mediterranean/Southwest. The granite counter is Madura Gold. The 12x12 tiles in the bath/shower are Victoria marble - the listello is from the Santa Fe Collection (the photos don't do these materials justice - there is a lot of color in them, IRL). The floor tiles are Terra Del Sol by Esterel. The wall color is Ralph Lauren Sand. The cabinets are Bertch in alder. The fixtures are Pagasus in a brushed nickel. The framed terra cotta tile was purchased in Bath England last Spring.

Our indulgences were to install heated tiles and a Toto Drake with the soft-close seat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colo Lady's new bath

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally finished bath ~

How lovely! Great job...what a nice warm look!

Vicki

o

Beautiful colors! I love the floor tiles & listello, too.

Is the bathroom door new, too? What kind of wood & stain? I really like it!

o

It's gorgeous!! Great use of color! I especially like the granite and the detail trim in the bath marble tile. Thank you for sharing.
Mary

o

Beautiful bathroom. I love your door hardware and the towel bar especuially!

o

Oh I love this bathroom and have questions!!

How do you like the glass door? Is it easy to clean? I'm torn between a curtain or glass door for the second bathroom. Also, the niche is cool, I've got to have that!!lol

Love the tile colours.

o

Thanks folks!

binsb - the door is 6-panel solid pine, stained - I can't remember the stain color.

Mariposa - the glass door is a PITA. But we really like the way it looks, so we "deal." It must be squeegeed after every use or the water spots become impossible to clean off. But we have hard water here. Perhaps you don't have hard water. Funny story - DH insists on showering before me every day becase he HATES to squeegee. I don't mind it. As a matter of fact, I also squeegee the marble tiles so they don't get the spot build-up.

o

I can't view your pictures.Is there a way to view them without pop-ups? Thankyou, salbwil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here