Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colo_lady

Finally finished bath ~

colo_lady
19 years ago

We remodeled this bath at the same time we remodeled our kitchen and other main floor rooms. On the main floor, there is only this one bath. You used to have to access it through another room - you would have to go through the Master or the office to get to it. Well, let me tell you how much that s*cked! So we removed those doors and put the door off the hall. I WISH I had before pictures - there was a PINK laminate counter, and worst of all a PINK CARPET. No, I don't think even a picture would have done justice to the old bath.

We were considering just a shower in this room, but went with a shower/tub combo because I love to take baths and for resale value. Our old bath had a jacuzzi - the new one is just a soaker. Didn't want to have to clean the jacuzzi pipes again. We had room to install two sinks but decided the linen closet storage was more valuable to us.

The house style is Mediterranean/Southwest. The granite counter is Madura Gold. The 12x12 tiles in the bath/shower are Victoria marble - the listello is from the Santa Fe Collection (the photos don't do these materials justice - there is a lot of color in them, IRL). The floor tiles are Terra Del Sol by Esterel. The wall color is Ralph Lauren Sand. The cabinets are Bertch in alder. The fixtures are Pagasus in a brushed nickel. The framed terra cotta tile was purchased in Bath England last Spring.

Our indulgences were to install heated tiles and a Toto Drake with the soft-close seat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colo Lady's new bath

Comments (7)