Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
apetelo

Need advice on master bathroom layout

apetelo
13 years ago

I am really new to this forum and still have a lot to learn, but I thought maybe you all might be able to offer some advice/words of wisdom for us. We are planning a remodel of our 1st floor. We are making a master bedroom/suite downstairs where there are currently 2 smaller bedrooms. We are making the laundry room into a Master bath (with some definite expansion), and downsizing the full bath to a 1/2 bath, and moving the laundry into the 1/2 bath. I have included a picture of the "plans" which are not exactly accurate, but will give you an idea of the general layout that we are shooting for. I have also included my drawing of a layout for the master bath and 1/2 bath (it is different from the plan). My husband really wants to do a combo bath/shower to save $, but I really feel like this is going to be a mistake. There is a definite possibility that we may try and sell in 4-5 years. I feel like we can fit both shower/bath into the layout without it being too crowded. What do you think? Oh, and on a seperate note, the entrance to the Master is a little awkward because of those basement stairs :( But, they are only an emergency exit, there is another entrance that we use regularly. Thank you in advance!!

Amy

Image link: