Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
starry_eyed_gw

Need input on bathroom layout

starry-eyed
14 years ago

Thank you in advance for your advice. I've read over a 100 postings and this group gives great thoughtful suggestions.

The two photos posted are the current design. (we will be attempting to post photos in a few minutes.)

Issue #1: This bathroom is desperately in need of upgrades in products/colors, etc. We thought we could improve upon the layout while making tile/counter top, etc improvements. Do you see a better layout opportunity?

Issue #2: Do you see additional design/feature opportunities? (ex. wall-cut-ins, cool fixtures which bring in a master bath feeling??)

Issue #3: The age old question---This is our master bath. Do we have to have the jaccuzi tub? We may be moving in a year. We currently live in MN. There is no way we could keep the current icky tile,color/counters. Yes, we do have a shower/tub in the guest bathroom.

Issue #4: Sure, it would be nice to not have to do major plumbing moves but if you can improve upon the design and it only adds reasonable (??$1000??) of a professional plumber's time--it wouldn't make me panic. I think we've become concerned with moving anything because people comment on the difficulty/cost so often.

Flaws:

1) Note one of the sinks is positioned right in front of a window. Old/current bathroom had counter to ceiling mirrors so you could kind of watch yourself shave and brush teeth.

2) Outdated shower--bit like a cave--although there is a light in there. Think of yourself showering in a cube.

3) We have considered keeping jacuzzi and just changing tile on deck and fixtures because it still works and in good condition. It is off-white/cream. The problem with the older jacuzzi is we're having trouble finding replacements for brass colored fixtures. Source suggestions?

Good News: One of the postings from StacyNeil gave me one idea. We could change two of walls of shower into glass.

Thanks. Please ask any questions.

Image link:

Comment (1)