Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remodeled half bath - beadboard and blue walls

Posted by amainah (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 26, 06 at 21:09

We've finally finished remodeling our first floor bathroom. The majority of the work took about six months after work and on weekends - this was our first major DIY project. And now, since we survived this project we're on to remodeling the master bath! I learned tons here that helped with the planning, so thank you!

Here are the details....

Toilet – Toto Drake, elongated bowl with sanagloss and softclose toilet seat in cotton white

Vanity – Kraftmaid 48 inch vanity, all plywood, cherry, veneer recessed door in autumn blush

Countertop – Home Depot Napoli pre-fab 48 inch granite countertop (our guess is that this is actually Luna Pearl or White Pearl)

Faucets – Delta Neo, widespread in pearl nickel

Tile – by Ricchetti, style is Indian Hills, color is grigio smoke

Beadboard – Cape Cod planking from Home Depot

Mirror – from Bombay Company

Fixtures – Chatham toilet paper holder and towel holder from Restoration Hardware

Light – Chelsea triple sconce from Restoration Hardware

Ventilation fan - Panasonic/Whisper Ceiling 70 CFM Ceiling Mounted Fan

Paint
Walls are Ralph Lauren "Overalls" in Behr interior flat enamel. I should have used paint with more enamel/shine, as this one burnishes very easily and creates a white mark.

Bead board and trim are Behr "Ultra Pure White" in semi-gloss enamel.

Image link: Remodeled half bath - beadboard and blue walls (20 k)

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remodeled half bath - beadboard and blue walls

Still learning here. Let's see if this preview photo works...

o

I really like it! LOVE the wall with the pictures and your choices in all the elements are great!
Nice Job!
Cathie

o

Thanks for the compliments. The photos are mostly from our honeymoon to New Zealand with one or two other locations thrown in.

Now we're on to our master bathroom and bedroom remodel - it's good to look back at how bad the "before" was in the first floor and how far it came to remind myself what we can accomplish!

o

How nice to see all the art on the wall. Whole room looks really nice.

o

Beautiful room! I love the wall colors and the photos!

o

Thanks! The photos are ones we took on various trips - New Zealand, hiking with the dog, and the Grand Canyon.

The Kandinsky print (to the left of the window) is what drove the wall color, as originally we weren't planning on a complete remodel and I was trying to find something to tie together orange countertops, yellow toilet and sink and a third color for the walls. Thank goodness we decided to get rid of it all!

o

Amainah, I love your bathroom. I've printed your picture for inspiration in my bathroom remodel. My only negative is the window treatment. It's much to ordinary for that beautiful room. One question, from your picture, it looks like the beadboard has a ripple or is that just the camera angle? Or could the top trim piece be a little too flexible? I might opt for standard wood trim unless this is just an optical illusion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here