Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small Hall Bath Remodel

Posted by KellyEng (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 29, 04 at 21:02

Only bath in the house and we managed to remodel (almost) DIY.

Here is a link that might be useful: bath remodel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small Hall Bath Remodel

Fantastic transformation! Looks like an entirely different room. You did a great job, and I'm sure you had to work fast if that's the only bath in the house. (Lucky for you the bathtub wasn't pink - that could have put up a roadblock for a DIY job). Enjoy your beautiful new space.

o

Thanks! We got it all done in a month. We managed to bathe for awhile in the tub with plastic around it then fashioned a shower outside and DH made the toilet "portable." It was weird for awhile but completely worth it. After that DIY the mystery of going into walls was over and now we're ready to gut the whole house (almost)!

o

Incredible transformation. Tastefully done!!

o

Very nice job indeed! I love the tile you selected too!!

Jake is a very cute boxer...we have a 4 year old boxer as well...they are such lovable dogs ;)

What kind of shelves are those you used in your shower/tub area?

Congrats!!

o

aboxerslove - You do love boxers don't you! I have Jake and Hannah (you can see Hannah if you view the laundryroom pics) they are six years old and still my little babies!

The tile I used is American Olean, Vallano collections. Here is a link:

http://www.aotile.com/series.cfm?cat=36&sid=54

and the shelves are also American Olean,
Here is that link:

http://www.aotile.com/series.cfm?cat=38&sid=65&fromsearch=1

I used the large corner caddy, tub soap dish and paper holder.

o

I love love love everything about it. Great job!

o

I love your reno! Thank you for sharing!

o

Wow! Wonderful renovation. Are you still enjoying it?

o

Oh yes, however I went crazy and painted the walls kelly green - it looks horrible! Ah well, it's only paint . . .

o

I was wondering what the dimensions of your bathroom are?
Its lovely

Thanks!

o

I'm crying big crocodile tears, another pink bathroom, gone, boo, hoo, hoo... =)

Kelly, love your new bath. What creativity and determination to demo your only bathroom and still keep it somewhat functional. Great job!

o

can you tell me who makes your pedestal sink?Thats the one I'm looking for

o

TypoQueen - my bathroom is all of 8x7.

catslikemice - There's still plenty of pink bathrooms around - especially in my neighborhood!

dawnt - my sink came from lowes. It's made by AquaSource and called "Windsor". The base cost $49 and the lavatory $86. If you can't find that one I notice on the net there is another sink that looks just like it called "English Turn" just google it.

o

Your bath is great and Thanks for the information.

If its not too much trouble, what bath tub did you use?

is it steel, acrylic, cast iron?

thanks1

o

Thanks TypoQueen!

That bathtub is a 5' steel made by Crane. Less than $100.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crane tub at Lowes

o

Thanks much!
Are you happy with the tub? It seems some posters think steel is cold and/or noisy- do you?
we're leaning towards steel or cast iron, steel would be much cheaper and cheaper to install (2nd floor, only tub/shower)

LOL, I'm obsessed, and i'd like to be as successful as you!

Last questions, i promise!

o

Yes, very happy with the tub. We took out the old cast iron tub that lost it's finish. I really can't tell a difference between the two, but we don't take baths very often. The steel is pretty loud if you drop something. Installation was a breeze.

o

Thanks much for your time and answers!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here