Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Master Bath Design

Posted by rivergal (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 30, 06 at 22:57

Critique my walk in shower please. It will have 2 shower heads on the front wall where the arrows are with 2 body sprays below each head (for upper & lower back area) and a handheld by the shower head closest to the bench. The shower is 6' wide by 5'6" deep with no door. Will I be okay with this configuration and will the water stay in the shower without a door. I refuse to have a door! We will not start new house construction for a few weeks but I need to discuss any changes with GC asap. I would appreciate any input.

Image link: Master Bath Design (33 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Master Bath Design

Can't answer your question - It's a pretty big shower, but who knows ... Anyway, the layout looks great. I suggest you discuss it with a good plumbing store or designer....

o

Your layout is similar to one we used to have and the water
stayed in the shower. Our shower enclosure sat about 2" lower than the rest of the bathroom floor and the dropped floor extended past the shower up to the tub surround, just in case. Plus it was a good spot to stand and drip while we toweled off. The problem was that the room was rather large and the ceilings high and we froze in there on cold days even though we were using hot water. We ended up installing a door for that reason.

o

Great tip on high ceilings in baths making things a bit colder. I designed my new master bath for cathedral ceiling, but I placed a skylight facing south/southeast on a 10/12 roof so I can grab that warm winter sun and direct it into the walk in shower. I hope it helps. Room should be very warm from wood heater on first floor just below.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here