Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mominwa_gw

Need shower design help - FAST

mominwa
17 years ago

We purchased a home in December and are doing some remodeling before we move in. We didn't have as much time as I would have liked to plan, but we are on a tight timeframe in order to get moved in and get rid of an extra mortgage. We had to move the laundry room out of the kitchen and decided to place it in an extra bedroom next to a bath. We decided to expand the bath while we are at it. We planned on a 2 person walk-in shower 3 x 6 with heads at either end. We were going to tile it and have a glass door, but I'm concerned about the tile door and bath entry door crashing into each other. A couple of options we've thought about is 1 - doorless with a 24" opening and glass block on either side, 2 - keep the glass door, but make it sliding rather than swinging, 3 - have the bathroom entry door open out, rather than in (my DH HATES this option). Would love to hear advice and/or other suggestions. We do not have anything framed on the shower wall next to the vanity, so we have flexibility. The plumber just completed the rough-in and the drywaller is coming next week - so we've got to make a decision and get things orderd.

Image link:

Comment (1)