Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue bath, grey tile, grey walls, what to do?

Posted by munkos (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 17, 07 at 14:59

Its kind of hard to see in this pic, by my tiles are grey, with a few here and there having blue and pink flowers. Yick. The wall is a dark grey, which I dont like. It closes the bathroom in. The countertops are light blue, and the flooring is grey.

Those tils are all around the tub, all around the corner shower and IN the corner shower, and all around both vanities. My sink and toilet are the same colour as the jacuzzi.

I would like to keep the tub/toilet/sink. But change out all the tile, flooring, counter tops and repaint. The rest of my house is going to be done in creams and browns. The room it's attatched to, has cream walls, blue carpet and all my furniture and pics/accents are mostly brown and black. What would you do?

Image link: Blue bath, grey tile, grey walls, what to do? (12 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue bath, grey tile, grey walls, what to do?

If you must keep the blue fixtures, I'd go for white tile and/or white wainscoating and chrome or nickle faucets. The blue fixtures make quite a statement.
I think if you try to add brown and/or cream with the dark blue, even though everything will be new it, will still look dated since the blue doesn't appear in the picture to be the more up to date blues around now that are paired with brown.
If you can swing it, I'd get new tub/toilet/sink/countertop
HD has various sized marble,corian and granite countertops, some with sink. I'd definitely change out the countertop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here