Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catslikemices

Bathroom remodel photos

catslikemice
19 years ago

We're almost done, just need water to faucets and shower and the new bath will be open for business. DH calls this our "hotel bathroom".

Tile is Dal-tile ceramic Brancacci in Fresco Caffe. Counter is Zodiaq in Smoky Topaz. Painted walls by local decorative painter. We love it and are thankful the pink and gray bathroom is gone. Yahoo!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom photos

Comments (15)

• nokeysyet
    19 years ago

deep, deep inside i bet you miss the pink sink~NOT. great job! nicely done.

• yadax3
    19 years ago

Wow, what a nice transition. Just beautiful! And the cat really coordinates well with the floor tile :-)

• lynnemarie
    19 years ago

Looks great!! Are the mirrors also recessed med cabinets and if so, where did you get them?

• catslikemice
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sorry, mirrors are just framed and beveled mirrors. =)

Nokeysyet...what I really miss is the "pink potty"! Not really! We have water and can use the sinks...how exciting!!! Shower should be done tomorrow.

• aphilla
    19 years ago

Nice. How much for the animal?

• catslikemice
    Original Author
    19 years ago

She was free. Jitter is a very wicked puddy-tat. That little wench will jump on the kitchen counters right before my very eyes, won't even wait till I leave the room. A brazen hussy of a cat, but she does keep my feet warm at night. ;)

At least my other cat, Toonces, will wait till I leave the room, I have no illusions that he doesn't get on the counters, he just lets me think he doesn't. Must post a photo of Toonces on the site...he's the pretty one. =)

• aphilla
    19 years ago

I love cats, yours is cute. Sadly allergies keep me from having one (or more) around all the time.

Sorry to pull off topic everyone....

• catslikemice
    Original Author
    19 years ago

No, no, not at all, bring on all the cute cat comments! =) Sorry to hear of your allergy. Our cats bring great joy (and lots of cat hair) to our home.

Vicki

• tntwalter
    19 years ago

Enjoy your new bathroom.
    Trish

• mitchdesj
    19 years ago

Very nice remodel, elegant and plenty of storage, your kitties are so photogenic !!

I loved seeing the Barbie bath, what did you do with it ?

• catslikemice
    Original Author
    19 years ago

The Barbie tub was smashed to bits (wouldn't go thru the door) and carted away in a dumpster...do you hear the Alleluia Chorus in the background too? =)

• susanna
    19 years ago

We want to re-do our bathroom shower , tileing the floor and walls... right now we have a built in plastic square shower which we want to strip out ... leaving a drywall... would you know what we would use on the drywall to stick the tile to and keep it from leaking through?And do you just use cement on the floor or grouting under the tile? I want to make it like your 2 pictures with just a little edge up from the floor. Thanks for your help.And for shareing your nice pictures. Please email me with "Garden Web" in subject so I know . We get a lot of junk mail. Thanks; Susanna

• catslikemice
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I emailed Susanna and directed her to the "liberry" on johnbridge.com on how to build a tile shower. Just a hint, drywall is not used to construct a tile shower, it's a little more complicated than that but, with the help of johnbridge.com, most DIY'ers with patience and elbow grease can do the job.

V

• Mother_One
    19 years ago

I love the two mirrors. Where did you find them?

Also, do you have the dimensions for the the bathroom and the dimensions for the shower? Love the shower. Nice job :)

• catslikemice
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Looked all over creation for mirrors, couldn't find what I wanted under $250 per mirror...then found these for $25 apiece at Walmart.

Room is 92" x 133"
    Shower is 36" x 53"