Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help Designing Master Bath Layout

Posted by tlf21 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 17, 10 at 10:40

We are in need of help designing the layout of our master bathroom in our new home. I have attached a copy of the layout our designer provided, for the sake of time we accepted the layout knowing that we would change it prior to construction of the home. I appreciate any comments:

Image link: Need Help Designing Master Bath Layout (32 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help Designing Master Bath Layout

Hi,
I'm wondering why you have the double doors to the left of the hallway-- there's an access to the master bath from outside the master bedroom? So will this be a shared bathroom? If not, you could gain a lot more space by eliminated that hallway access.

As for the bathroom itself, a couple things immediately jump out. It's a large bathroom, but things look a little "cramped up" -- probably because the shower's so large and seems to take up disproportional space. The vanity area doesn't look near large enough for two sinks. Maybe you could separate the sinks and have two vanity areas. Finally, I would want something directly in the sight line of the long hallway as you enter, eg, center the tub so that's your view as you enter the bathroom.

Good luck.. your closets alone will be to die for! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here