Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
refinishing tubs

Posted by alan (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 21, 08 at 8:29

Howdy,
I've seen adds that say don't throw out your old tub just refinish it. But no mention of the cost!!! I'm guessing they are maybe using epoxy based paint and just painting it?
Does anyone know? I have a rental with an old green tub in it screaming to be thrown out. I believe its metal and would be almost impossible to get out.
Anyone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: refinishing tubs

Ok, I guess I'll answer my own question. I found the link below that tells how to refinish bathtubs using epoxy paint. I'm still curious how much this costs if you have someone come in and do it? Anyone?

http://www.bornpaint.com/folder_of_tips/painting_bathtubs_page.htm

o

I have no clue what it costs to have someone else do it. I did it in my kids bathroom myself several years ago. It still looks great. I bought the tub and tile kit at Lowes. Follow the directions carefully and once it's done don't use any harsh chemicals to clean it. Windex with a magic sponge will do the job.

o

Wish I had read this first...I paid $300 to have an antique tub refinished!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here