Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hellakitty_gw

Vibrant color choice for a modern shower tray or keep it safe?

hellakitty
10 years ago

Hi all
Im a longtime lurker. I love this site and continue to turn to it for inspiration and sound advise! I am in my second bathroom remodel. Here is my dilemma. I'm installing a barrier free, 2 person shower 68x38. With Dornbracht hand-showers (Habitat Restore) Hansgrohe body sprays (Craigslist). In a bathroom that is 5.5 x 8". After choking on the prices of the bids to install tile I have opted for a modern,custom solid surface pan otherwise known as cultured marble. A fraction of the price of the lowest tiling bid. Something I wouldn't dream of when I started the renovation or this 1100sf flat. I have till monday to decide on the color. The bathroom is on the dark-side with one north facing window. To help brighten it I have a glossy white on white tile 8x24 for the shower and Porcelanosa cubica blanco for the niches. The floor is a light gray 13x13 quartzite. The toilet is a white Toto Pacifica and the sink a white 12x 24 ceramic wall mount. I want a bright, tangerine pan to pop this bathroom. My bestie thinks I should get white. It is my hope that the playful modern renovation of this apartment will help garner top dollar in an expensive and tight rental market in SF, CA. Yes it is a rental. I am very torn. What if I'm wrong? I believe in my design choices but it is a gamble. Go big? Play it safe? I see I have posted in the wrong place. Grrrr...I dont know how to move it to the forum.

This post was edited by hellakitty on Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 0:19