Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cost of straight framing out a basement

Posted by divi2323 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 17, 07 at 15:35

What is the going rate in the midwest (chicago area) for framing out a basement. i'm talking just studs, top/bottom plates, fire baffles, and door openings. about 1600 square feet, total of 300 feet of wall, 8 door openings and about 25 wall turns (inside, outside, perpendicular walls).

this obviously has to be charged by the job, but it's about half the walls up against exterior poured foundation in a new construction home.

i've seen other posts in the forums that say $25-35 per square foot is nominal, but it includes framing, drywall, electrical, plumbing, trim, ceiling, and flooring. I'm just looking to do my basement in stages and wondered how much per squaer foot does each of the steps cost?

Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cost of straight framing out a basement

Let's see... I'm in Chicago area and when we don't do new construction, we finish a basement here and there. My guess would be right around $3000 for labor only + cost of lumber (probably another $1500 or so...).

o
RE: cost of straight framing out a basement

I'm in the Chicago area and just had over 800 sq ft framed for $700 (labor), which includes 2 single and 2 double door openings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here