Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
basement wine storage

Posted by mpatsel (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 2, 06 at 14:53

I have a room 4/x12 that has cement floor and walls. I store about 20 cases of wine in it. It stays cool most of the year but in summer due to an outside door that faces south the room get up into the 70's. Is there a small climate control or cooling system that I can use to keep this room cool in the summer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: basement wine storage

Hey, ou sound like what I have. I bought a 13 year old colonial, and in the basemetn there is a room abourt 4' wide by15-20' long. All concret and concret block. It is under the front porch. apparently it was the thing to do at the time.

o

Check wine enthusiast web site.

o

I have a very long (sad) story you don't need to hear about this one.

After much work, money, frustration etc. etc. etc. etc. we discovered that IF you do not have expensive wines, they are fine where you have them. IF you have wines that you want to age, not drink within a relatively short period of time, you need to consider control options.

We have a corner wine cellar type thing in our finished basement similar to your situation, but no really expensive wines.

SG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here