Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aspen0_gw

basement wall options

aspen0
15 years ago

I want to finish my basement and am handy and want to do much of the work myself.

I also have the problem of having a home business in the basement that I cannot move so I cannot empty it out entirely, I can move things away from the walls and otherwise shuffle things around, but I can't empty it.

I don't want a fully finished basement perse, nothing fance, no plumbing, no bar, no game room, just moreso insulated walls.

I was going to frame up the walls and maybe drywall them... but I've never drywalled before and don't want to deal with the dust.

I thought maybe I'd try wood paneling, but too much wood paneling gets oppressive and dark, but of course there are white paneling options or I could paint it. Still an option.

I thought maybe trying to get one of those fabric walls ala Impressive Basements or Owens Corning done, just the walls and electrical from them (I'll have a contractor do electrical regardless, atleast the roughin, I'll trust myself to install fixtures, but not whole circuits). OC is of course stupidly expensive, but I put in a call to Impressive Basements, no callback yet. I just want walls from them, and just exterior walls, we'll see.

So, are those my only three options? Or am I overlooking something? Drywall, paneling, or fabric system.

Comments (4)