Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any ideas for interior design Bsmt Finish Books?

Posted by sniffdog (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 16, 08 at 11:56

I have been looking for some good books on interior finishes for basements. I have enough "how to " books and read this forum often (yes - I will use XPS on the walls).

I want to focus on the finishings - wood trims, stone, bars, wine cellar etc. Anyone have any good references?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any ideas for interior design Bsmt Finish Books?

time to sink this sucker, I will try over on the home decorating forum.

o

You're looking for "Basement Ideas".

o

Thanks. I have looked at the reviews for this book as well as flipped through the pages available on Amazon. It might be the closest thing to what I am looking for but still not exactly what I want.

I may have to just visit a lot of old pubs until I find something that I can use for an inspiration for the design. Sampling the beer would be a side benefit.

I recently visited the refurbished George Washington Hotel in Winchester VA and they have a great old pub/piano lounge that they refurbished. may have better luck using this approach.

o

There are websites. The aforementioned Basement Ideas site, Absolute Remodeling, Atlanta Basements are other's that I've used for ideas.

o

OK - I will check those out. Thanks for the tips.

o

beer geek

I found exactly what I was looking for on the Absolute Remodeling website. Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here