Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of finished basements wanted please...

Posted by jenos (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 17, 09 at 22:11

Hi--I am new on the Basement Forum. We are in the early early stages of finishing our basement. We hope to make it into a place to have parties, play cards, watch a game--a place for adults and teens to be able to hang out. We will put in a bar and will have a fireplace. That's about all I know right now. We love the look of an exposed brick wall and really cool built-in bar with mirrors and glass--kind of an old, dark but pretty pub. Can anyone point me in the direction of looking at some pictures of completed basements to give us some ideas? I would appreciate any help at all. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of finished basements wanted please...

I have no affiliation with this website other than looking at the pictures to get ideas

Here is a link that might be useful: Absolute Remodeling

o

Those are some fine examples linked by beer geek. Professioally done.

Ours is DIY, completed about 5 years ago. Sounds like your intended use is very similar to how ours is utilized - entertaining, game watching, etc. You'll notice our space is all drywall. One of our friends did his using Z-brick plus stained tongue and grove wood (walls and ceiling) to achieve a city pub look. Basic build elements are similar though.

If you haven't made a plan, do that next. Causes me concern that you mention you're in the "early stages of finishing our basement" because not having a plan is the biggest mistake most DIY'ers make. You need to consider humidity control, auxulary heating, etc. before beginning to build. You're on the right track though, you know how the space will be used. Any time invested up front in a working plan will be repaid many times over throughout the project. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Basement

o

I agree with fnmroberts that you have to plan, plan, and plan some more.

Do exact measurements. There's nothing worse than not being able to fit that dishwasher in place because the wall is 3/4" of an inch too close.

Wiring for media is a lot easier when it is done before the drywall goes in.

o

Thank you for the help and suggestions. I will check out the links. I really appreciate it!

o

Here is one I enjoy looking at. I know nothing about the company other than I stumbled on to the site when snooping for ideas and almost shorted out my keyboard with drool.

Here is a link that might be useful: The basement designer

o

Ours is still in progress but almost done.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nearly finished basement

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here