Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
getting plywood into crawl space

Posted by sn00terite (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 07 at 19:27

I'm considering doing a seiemic retrofit for my house and I've been studying furiously on everything I need to do. I'm feeling very comfortable with the three steps require for the retrofitting but what I can't figure out is how to get the plywood pannels into the crawl space. My crawl space door is pretty standard sized and it's easy for a person to get into and out of the crawl space. However, it won't fit a full sized (4x8) pannel. I know the pannel will be cut to size to fit the cripple walls but some of them will be 4x8 because one of hte cripple walls is 4 foot high. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jason

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: getting plywood into crawl space

I can't think of any easy solution to your problem. It sounds like the only thing you can do apart from knocking out 4 ft of foundation blocks is rip up a floor in part of the house and drop the plywood through that. Sorry........

o

Several years ago one of my neighbors had a similar problem with drywall. He ended up removing the carpet in his Family Room, detaching and removing a section of subfloor and then lowering his drywall. Then reversed the process and restretched the carpet.

o

Thanks for the ideas. I think I'm going to take out part of a cripple wall move stuff through there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here