Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sn00terite

getting plywood into crawl space

sn00terite
16 years ago

I'm considering doing a seiemic retrofit for my house and I've been studying furiously on everything I need to do. I'm feeling very comfortable with the three steps require for the retrofitting but what I can't figure out is how to get the plywood pannels into the crawl space. My crawl space door is pretty standard sized and it's easy for a person to get into and out of the crawl space. However, it won't fit a full sized (4x8) pannel. I know the pannel will be cut to size to fit the cripple walls but some of them will be 4x8 because one of hte cripple walls is 4 foot high. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jason

Comments (3)

• rjoh878646
    16 years ago

I can't think of any easy solution to your problem. It sounds like the only thing you can do apart from knocking out 4 ft of foundation blocks is rip up a floor in part of the house and drop the plywood through that. Sorry........

• fnmroberts
    16 years ago

Several years ago one of my neighbors had a similar problem with drywall. He ended up removing the carpet in his Family Room, detaching and removing a section of subfloor and then lowering his drywall. Then reversed the process and restretched the carpet.

• sn00terite
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the ideas. I think I'm going to take out part of a cripple wall move stuff through there.