Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Material List for Basement

Posted by tsand (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 18:05

Ok,

Let me know if I am missing any material (or my cost estimates are way off) for my 1500 sf basement remodel

Platon floor Polystyrene to control moisture
$500
Foamular 2x8 sheets plus adhesive
$1200
5/8 T&G OSB for floor plus tapcon screws and Tape
$1200
Framing for 1 bath, two bedrooms, wet bar, remaining open perimeter
$1500
Plumbing supplies (not fixtures) for 1 bath and 1 wet bar
$400
Electrical supplies for pot lights, outlets decora switches, GfI
$2000
Drywall walls and ceiling round edges tape and texture as whole house(BIDOUT for ? $2500)
Tile floor and shower in bathroom and wet bar (BID OUT for ? $2200
Bath fixtures
$1500
Bar Fixtures (small frig, small dishwasher, sink, wine cooler
$1000
Kahrs Locking flooring in one office/bedroom
$2000
Carpet in remaining space (bid out $3000)
Paint $200
Lighting fixtures
$500

$18600 total

I understand that prices can vary, for example granite on the wet-bar counter could cost $75/sf. I am just rough estimating so I can budget accordingly. So please use reasonable estimates as you correct my estimates.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Material List for Basement

Your tile shower will cost more than that.

Include a 20% price contingency for unknowns.

I don't see an allowance for heat.

o

doors, trim molding, egress windows (?), ductwork + HVAC tie in, drywall seems low

o

You might consider DriCore for your basement floor. It is terrific stuff. Keeps the floor warm, doesn't feel like concrete slab, protects against moisture, and does not consume height. Easy for DIY install. I got mine at HD.
I agree with brewbeer, that your tile work will likely cost more. Get good references on tile installer. Nothing worse to correct than a faulty tile job.

o

Platon + T&G OSB is pretty much the same thing as DriCore.

o

You need to begin by listing all the plumbing fixtures presently connected to you DWV(Drain,waste & vent) system and compute the DFU (drainage fixture unit) load to determine if your house sewer is capable of assuming the increased load. If not, you would need to increase the size of the house main drain and house sewer line.

o

The DriCore is rediculously expensive and I still wonder if it would need replacement if flooded. I would think there are cheaper options.

Also, were provisions made for and egress? Zoning permits? I'd imagine if they ever re-access in your area they would look for stuff like that. Better safe than sorry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here