Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dark Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring in Basement?

Posted by arizonax3 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 16:38

Hi everyone!

I am a lurker and not a poster, but I would love to have feedback on a potential flooring option. We are finishing a basement in our mountain cabin (7500 elevation) in a dry climate (Arizona). I am really liking the dark vinyl plank flooring like Trafficmaster Allure from HD in Satin Oak. Allure Trafficmaster Satin Oak Vinyl Plank

Is it nuts to go dark in a basement? We installed a LOT of canned recessed lighting and a huge slider window. We have light hardwood floors throughout the rest of the house and really want to mix it up a bit. This will function as the main entry in the wintertime - thus I am hoping that the vinyl plank will withstand snow, dirt, etc.

Here are some pictures of the basement that was just drywalled: https://plus.google.com/photos/103151039892537324065/albums/5810414586465579809

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Here is a link that might be useful: Basement Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dark Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring in Basement?

You have a walkout basement with lots of natural light, so it wouldn't seem a problem. But I confess I prefer dark floors to light ones anywhere--except for a small space with light walls where a dark floor would emphasize the smallness of the space.

I would avoid using any vinyl directly on a basement floor to avoid mould problems. See this thread for some further comments on basement flooring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here