Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this XPS

Posted by matt_r (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 07 at 21:46

Is this XPS....?

Here is a link that might be useful: ????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this XPS

Yes. And so is this.

o

I used Dow's product (the blue one), and my local contractor supply had it much more affordable than HD's price for the pink stuff.

o

Homebound,

Would you mind telling what local contractor supplier did you buy the XPS and how much did you paid for it?

I live in South East PA so I cannot buy from your contractor supplier but still would like to know what kind of suppliers sell XPS so that I do not have to go to Home Depot or Lowes.

Thanks

VK

o

I can't recall the price, but do know that it was definitely cheaper. My local place was ABC Distributors in Arlington, VA, but that's their only location.

I suggest you get the old phone book out, look under contractor supply, and just call a couple of them. You could probably get a price over the phone. Also, you could call Dow for a list of local distributors and go from there.

BTW, in general, Big Orange has lots of things that are more expensive than local places. And it didn't used to be like that.

o
correction

Actually, check yellow pages under "Building Materials"

o

Homebound,

Thanks for the information.

Best regards,

VK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here