Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
water leaking from tiny hole in basement wall

Posted by cte120907 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 18, 06 at 20:59

Hi, I went down to the basement this afternoon and noticed a puddle of water near where the PH balancing unit, water softener, and water tank are located. The wall behind the PH balancing unit is wet. I then heard a low hissing sound and realized that water was coming in from a tiny hole (between the size of a pin and a nail) on that wall. (The hole is about 5 feet above the floor of the basement.) Water was coming out pretty fast for a tiny hole (think of a water pipe with a puncture and water seeping out). I didn't know what to do. Since we are on a well system, I turned off power to the well and the water pump. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but, after a while, the leaking stopped. The wall with the hole is the wall where the water pipe comes in from the outside. But, the leaking hole is not that near the water pipe (about 2 or 3 feet). Can this be rain water? We had some rain (sometimes heavy) last night. Our basement is poured cement. It is not finished and is under ground. As far as I know, this is the first time this has happened. Any help is much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: water leaking from tiny hole in basement wall

Well, you could turn the water back on now that it's not raining and see if the leak starts up again..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here