Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cte120907

water leaking from tiny hole in basement wall

cte120907
17 years ago

Hi, I went down to the basement this afternoon and noticed a puddle of water near where the PH balancing unit, water softener, and water tank are located. The wall behind the PH balancing unit is wet. I then heard a low hissing sound and realized that water was coming in from a tiny hole (between the size of a pin and a nail) on that wall. (The hole is about 5 feet above the floor of the basement.) Water was coming out pretty fast for a tiny hole (think of a water pipe with a puncture and water seeping out). I didn't know what to do. Since we are on a well system, I turned off power to the well and the water pump. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but, after a while, the leaking stopped. The wall with the hole is the wall where the water pipe comes in from the outside. But, the leaking hole is not that near the water pipe (about 2 or 3 feet). Can this be rain water? We had some rain (sometimes heavy) last night. Our basement is poured cement. It is not finished and is under ground. As far as I know, this is the first time this has happened. Any help is much appreciated.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor