Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tahoebo

Where can I buy Dricore or Subflor in the US?

tahoebo
16 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm in the middle of a home remodel and am trying to find a flooring solution for our basement that we're converting into a master suite/laundry/office. (It's more like a walk-out basement on slab with only 3 feet of one side partially underground). In one half of the space the ceilings are quite low and I've become interested in Dricore and Subflor after reading about them on this site, since they're both only 7/8" thick.

But do they only sell this stuff in Canada? I can't find a single place that sells this kind of subfloor system locally or even online. None of my workers have ever heard of it either, though they think it's a fantastic idea. Is there some reason why it's not sold in the states? Does it not pass our building regulations or something? Is there a similar product that would work that I can buy here (I'm in Northern California)? I'd love to not have to raise our floors anymore than we'd have to in order to keep the chill (and moisture) out. I'd love some advice!

Comments (4)