Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's growing on my basement wall?

Posted by pearl_wong (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 24, 10 at 14:36

I just saw this on my basement wall. What is it?
How do I get rid of this problem?
I've added a picture for reference.
Help~
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i347/ewwickaaa/001.jpg
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's growing on my basement wall?

Pearl's Fascinating Fungi

You might want to remove that truly impressive growth. I don't think it's a variety GardenWeb members want to emulate. Though it is coming up to Hallo'ween!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sickhouse mould

o

WOW! You JUST noticed THAT?! You must not go into your basement much - or it was behind a large piece of furniture/boxes.

Looks like some sort of mold - you more than likely have a water issue. Good luck finding, resolving and removing it!

o

I agree--whatever it is, there's a water issue behind it. Is this an exterior wall? Or is there any plumbing behind it?

Our kitchen had some mold growing on the cabinet and under the kitchen sink. I sent in a sample (tape test) to a mold testing lab that I'd found online to identify what it was. It think it ran me around $15 per sample.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here