Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Types of plastic egress window wells?

Posted by sail ( on
Mon, Oct 13, 08 at 8:38

Hi all,

I am planning to put an egress window well in my basement below grade. The unit that is readily available is the Wellcraft 5600 but this is a segmented (snap together) unit. I am concerned about this being adequate. Would a one-piece be better?

Any commnents are welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Types of plastic egress window wells?

I don't know of any one-piece egress window well model.

You might want to check the EscapeWel model from Bilco. It is also a compound system, the mounting flanges attach directly to the foundation or window buck.
Personally I find the terraced type design cuter(it can be decorated with plants) and easier to use and escape in case of emergency.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here