Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drywall Taping Cost

Posted by loosegroove (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 07 at 0:08

After hanging about 94 sheets of drywall in my basement myself I have decided to hire a professional to tape and mud my work.

I currently have two different guys coming over to give me an estimate, but I dont even know what would be a good or bad price would be.

Also, what type of questions should I be asking these guy's?

I met with the first guy the other night and he gave me a quote of $1,400 (I think that works out to be .48 a square foot)

Also, I should note that I have a number of outside corners and a few angled walls .

thanks for any help

Dave from Chicago

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drywall Taping Cost

Bottom line is you need to make sure it's sanded/finished to your satisfaction, and that is so much more important than the difference in costs. So experience matters.

I'm not sure if pro drywallers will do this, but how about getting a price to include priming? Then you'll pick up more imperfections and have them around to fix it. If you end up going with someone that's "less than a pro", that's the only way I'd do it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here