Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lrb91849

Sealing Pipe Holes

lrb91849
16 years ago

My daughter recently converted her home into a Mother/Daughter set-up. The original unfinished basement was converted in to a 2 Bedroom 2 Bath apartment.

In order to do this conversion the Main Drain Pipe had to be redirected; it still exits the concrete foundation on the same wall, but it is now about 2 feet lower. This was done in order to install a Building Requirement Window in the bedroom.

After I retired and we moved in, we began to notice a water problem in the corner of the bedroom. Every time we get a heavy down pour, the carpeting in the corner gets pretty wet. It just happens to be the corner where the Main Drain Exits the basement.

My guess is ... one of the Pipe Holes (Old One or New One) is not sealed well enough.

I plan to dig down outside and Reseal Both Pipe Holes. I was looking for suggestions for sealing material. I have read that hydraulic cement is not the Total Answer. It seems that polyurethane foam works a lot better.

I was wondering if others have had water problems due to poorly sealed pipe holes exiting through poured concrete foundations.

I would appreciate any suggestions on preparation and materials to use.

Thanks,

LouB

Comment (1)