Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
urine smell

Posted by edblue (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 12:39

I have four cats that have a bathroom in the basement. The house i rent is a side by side. Concrete wall and wood door separate the basement. My previous neighbor had two cats and when the new neighbor moved in they noticed a urine smell in their kitchen and contacted me. As a good neighbor I have used vinegar, bleach, peroxide and KILTz with the neighbors still complaining of a smell when it is hot/humid out or turn their heat on. On my side I have never smelled urine unless it happens. I smell the litter more then anything.

but considering the concrete wall is three inches thick I was wondering if both side would need to be treated?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: urine smell

I think you would be right. I wonder if they have taken any action on their side or if you were simply convenient to blame. I hardly believe the odor is actually coming from your home.

o

I was just reading in another thread about this smell but it was associated with insulation. I used to have the same smell coming from the lowest part of a cathedral ceiling. The attic had insulation that would get wet from a roof leak right about that part of the ceiling and it would smell like urine whenever it rained. Could something similar be happening to your neighbors?

o

Try 'nature's miracle'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here