Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

CO poisoning and a bit of luck

Posted by homebound (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 20, 08 at 11:43

My neighbor sleeps in her cozy 600 sf finished basement with her child. Last night she heard something fall in the utility closet and sent me an email if I could come by today.

Turned out the hot water heater flue pipe fell off, leaving combustion gas spewing into the room. She has fire alarms, but no CO alarms. I'd say she was pretty darned lucky that she heard it, and that she's still around to talk about it.

How about that?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: CO poisoning and a bit of luck

There are 500 accidental CO deaths annually in the US. I guess it was someone else's turn.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here