Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ranya_gw

$5,000 basement remodel

Ranya
10 years ago

Hi all,
I have found someone to do my 1200 sq foot basement for the price of $5,000. It will include: 1 full washroom, 2 bedrooms 1 full kitchen and a living room includes tiling in kitchen in washroom.
I am to provide all materials and disposal of waste. How much should this cost approximately? I have no clue. Thanks!

Comments (9)

• worthy
    10 years ago

So cheap that I have serious doubts as to the quality.

It's hard to believe this includes permits and egress windows.

• mike_kaiser_gw
    10 years ago

It's absurdly cheap and one has to wonder about an individual who wants to do that so much work for so little money.

As for the cost of materials? It's kind of like asking how much does a new car cost? You can spend $89 on a toilet or $899. You can spend $0.39 per square foot on ceiling tile or $1.85 per square foot.

The first step in the process is a plan. From there you can generate a materials list.

• roof35
    10 years ago

Not to sound insulting, but you made me laugh. Thank you!

• eurodecorating
    10 years ago

Hi you are probably very lucky,there is no such a price in London I was told 20k
    that was cheapest one i will include a link maybe someone interesting

Here is a link that might be useful: Basement conversions

• worthy
    10 years ago

$5000 is OK to frame, wire, mud and build a normal bath.

By licenced trades where required, inspected and to Code, including egress window(s)?

A similar project cost me $12,000 for labour and materials. I did the wiring and the egress was already in--in 1998. Maybe, in a locale where time stands still.

• edlincoln
    10 years ago

Is your basement already insulated? Does it flood? Is it damp? Is there some kind of plumbing there already?

One thing I've started to learn from these forums is some people just slap some drywall on cement basement walls, and end up with a room that is expensive to heat and floods the first time you get a bad rainstorm.

• dajsnipe
    10 years ago

Be carefully of any contractor that would allow you to supply your own materials.
    First, the markup on materials isn't that high when you calculate how much time in man hours the contractor will have in actually getting everything and getting it to site, delivered into the basement.
    Second, most homeowners don't understand that purchasing cheap materials -say saving $5 per gallon on paint will actually cost hundreds of dollars in manpower because of poor coverage.

• Krishna Ghimire
    6 months ago
    last modified: 6 months ago

I don need kitchen but need for toilet and shower alreadalready have celing of drywall only need floor and wall i have insulation half on wall and i have extra roll of insulation and wiring need to done what is the price for.

Sponsored
Kwon Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Loudoun County, VA