Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finishing my basement

Posted by liftislife (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 07 at 0:11

Hello everybody, this is my first post and I've been reading about everything redoing their basements. I am about to start actually getting the materials to finish my basement and I just wish to get to know the prices of certain things. First off I guess it'd help if I told you my intended design-

I have a 1200sq ft unfinished basement. I plan on turning the basement into 3 sections-

1. Gym
-I've always wanted my own home gym (not a small one, but a full out gym) and this is proving hardest of the 3 to calculate for. I want to be about 600 square feet. I'd like to have mirrors all over the walls (I can't find a quote for this?). I will have the floors covered in rubber mats ($950).
2. Poker Room
-Very simple, probably going to be 200 square feet. I'm est. the carpet to be around $200. I would like to have the bottom half the walls to be a nice-looking wood.
3. Sports Room
-I would like the Poker Room and Sports room to be the same room except divided by a little barrier (wall going to about your belly), with a opening to walk through. This room will be about 400 square feet and the walls I just want a nice looking wood. Carpeting again will be about $400 (according to quotes).

I would appreciate help with just simple price quotes based on your experiences. I do not believe I need to water-proof my basement (I believe it already is) but I will check on that. I will not be installing flooring, just laying down the carpet. Only the Sports Room and Poker Room will have drywall, I wish to put the mirrors directly on the wood (maybe on plywood?). How much do you think this will run me? I will be hiring out for electric, plumbing, and installing the carpet. Thank you, looking forward to working with you guys!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finishing my basement

In the range of 9-11K. I don't know what you're plumbing, it didn't make the summary
Ron

o
RE: Finishing my basement

Sorry, didn't mean to say plumbing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here