Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rent out your house basement is a big trouble

Posted by vodicomus (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 07 at 23:35

I lived in Chicago and rent out my basement. It has one door out. Just a month later I got a different job and have to move. I noticed my renter that I have to sell my house and give her a last month free of rent to help her find another apartment. A month went by, and she doesn't want to move for some reasons and then asking me for another month free of rent with a deposit money back. She seems does't want to pay rent and not interest to move. What should I do to get out of this legal trouble and have my house back for sell. Does anyone know/guest what happens as if I will file this case in the court.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rent out your house basement is a big trouble

This site spells out the procedures you must follow to evict a tenant.

You've got your work cut out for you.

o
RE: Rent out your house basement is a big trouble

A serious sit down and Offer to sell her the house and hold the note.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here