Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

paint or concrete stain opinions

andrelaplume2
11 years ago

I am not sure the best forum to post this...I'll try the Paint and flooring forum to..

We are just about to the point where we will be putting our ceiling tiles in place in our basement. That leaves us with just the flooring. The area L shaped. On one side is our water meter....now in a closet. On the other side is our washer, water heater, softener and sink...behind sliding doors. We have never had a problem but still I fear an eventual water event. Its an L shaped area with a 10 X 10 sitting TV area and the rest occupied by a ping pong table. I have thought of carpeting the tv area and and doing something else in the other area. Then I thought of painting the floor or using that Rustoleum garage floor kit. I fear its a lot of work and may not come out well and will wear off.

Then I saw transparent concrete stain. It says no etching required and you spray it on with a pump sprayer. It sounds easy enough. I could then use a large area rug in the tv are; maybe with a pad underneath.

So, opinions on using concrete stain? Ease of application, wearability, look etc? Any and all comments, icluding brands are welcome. Thanks!

Comments (3)