Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
defective drain tile

Posted by rookiehomeowner (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 2, 06 at 17:42

I am in a brand new home and have no water draining in to the sump well even after 6 inches of rain. Should I use a snake or call in the experts. THe house is only a year old. The builder has filed for bankruptcy and has moved out of city. Could someone advise on what to do..thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: defective drain tile

So you are saying that even after heavy rain that no water is found in the sump well? It is a shame the builder filed for bankruptcy as they would be the people to call. Perhaps they did not install the footing drain properly and their is nothing around the sump well but dirt.

o
RE: defective drain tile

The footer drain may not be connected to the sump intentionally. In many cases the footer drain is connected directly to a storm drain and the sump is provided merely in the event there would be any seepage through the basement wall. The tile you see entering the sump pit may be coming from another floor drain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here