Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pillbugs!

Posted by dgmarie (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 1, 06 at 17:03

We have a problem with pill bugs (rolly pollies to you and me) in the basement. It is a large, finished basement with no evidence of any moisture problem. We have a faily large pillbug population outside as evidenced by what I see under the outdoor mats and urns. When these guys get in, they die pretty quick, but it is a nuisance to be constantly vaccuming them up. We're talking about a couple dozen or so. Not hundreds. I see them mostly in the storage area which is where the sump pit is. Could they be coming in from the outside ejector hose and into the sump pit and out into the basement? I occasionally see them under the door on the first floor laundry room. The laundry room is tight, no water is coming in. But somehow they do. My husband thinks they are coming in the weep holes at the bottom of the house's brick exterior. Any luck getting rid of them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pillbugs!

Perhaps through gaps around doors and windows. One of my customers had them coming in below the door threshold, which had some gaps that wereen't readily visible. Also, check to make sure it's sealed/insulated behind the trim casing, especially near the floor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here