Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drylok or Crack Ejection Kit for Hairline Cracks

Posted by the-tech-guy (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 15, 11 at 15:54

I have 3 vertical hairline cracks less than 1/4" width from the top of my 8 ft 20 year old poured concrete basment walls to the bottom. Drylok seems to be the cheaper and easier route but if epoxy is so much better I will go that route. What do you guys suggest?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drylok or Crack Ejection Kit for Hairline Cracks

Low pressure crack injection is the only choice for potentially leaky foundation cracks. But with hairline cracks that don't go through the wall, no treatment may be necessary. Certainly not if there is a plastic bubble membrane on the exterior of the foundation from grade to footings.

o

Worthy,
How can I confirm that I have that membrane on my house? It is a 2 story 20 year old house. The cracks never leaked.
thanks

o

Dig down about six inches and you'll see a membrane if there is one. Unless yours was a custom house, or is in Ontario, Canada, it's unlikely there's a membrane of any sort.

o

Any recommendations on products without breaking the bank? Can I go to a big box store and buy one such as Sikaflex Concete fix?

o

What about just using Loctite� PL� Polyurethane Concrete Crack & Masonry Sealant? The cracks do show some water stain but for the past 2 years I have lived there no water has exited.

o

I would stick to products specifically designed for interior crack sealant use; the Loctite is for exterior joint sealing.

I have only used independent contractors and I don't know what brands they used.

Photobucket
Epoxy Injection Crack Repair Source: Heather Joy Investments Ltd.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here