Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hammick_gw

Premium lighting for basement with 10' knockdown

hammick
16 years ago

Just had the basement framing finished in 2000 square foot basement with ceilings that are about 9' 9" (go figure) and will be sheetrock with knockdown (just like upstairs). Basement is a walkout with Pella sliders (both on living area and bedroom area) and various windows on the walkout side. No windows exist on the earth side of the basement not do I plan to put any in.

We will be spending the money to make this a very nice basement. I have 6" cans throught the upstairs (reverse 1/12 less that a year old) and they are fine but I am looking for something nicer than the regular cans for the basement.

I like the look of the smaller lights (halogens?) but can't find a lot of information on how they perform compared to 6" cans. Any recommendations?

The lights need to rated to be up against insulation as I intend to put in sound minimizing insulation. Dimming is also a must. Probably will have at least six to eight different switched areas. We will have a big bar area, living area, pool table, shuffleboard and several flat screens on the walls throughout. Walls will be painted sheetrock on top and possibly beadboard trim on the bottom.

I am not adamant about using the same lights everywhere if it would be better to have some areas with certain types of lighting.

Probably will put the regular Halo 6" cans in the bedroom and bathroom and looking for nicer options everywhere else.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Comment (1)