Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basement Layout

Posted by kaljr82 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 11:09

I attached a drawing we just had done of our basement in our new home.
We struggled with picking a layout and this is about the only one we like so far.

I think the 3x3 shower stall might be too small?? Anyone have experience with a shower of that size??

Any input you might provide would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basement Layout

It looks pretty good but unfortunately your image isnt't large enough for me to make out dimensions (or I need better glasses).

Is that a shower stall and tub in the bathroom? Unless you don't have another tub in the house, I'd be inclined to replace it with a 60" shower stall.

The hallway at the bottom of the steps in kind of interesting. Just make sure you allowing enough clearance to get furniture into the basement.

o
RE: Basement Layout

We decided to do away with the tub and just do a bigger shower since we have two tubs upstairs.

Also at the bottom of the stairs we have 9'ft from the bottom strep to the wall and the hallway leading to the rest of the basement is 4ft wide, so we don't think we should have any problems. Hopefully!
Thanks for the input!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here