Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
French Drain and paint concerns

Posted by xword (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 21, 08 at 10:36

Three questions...please help if you can!

1. We have estimates for a sealed internal French drains vs. one with a small (less than an inch) gap in the drain. If a water problem occurs from i.e. a broken water pump from the washing machine, will either of the above let the water on the floor into the French drain system?

2. What is a mira drain? Can the use of a mira drain (dimple board) be related to the above question?

3. We are having the concrete walls smoothed (from spalling)and then patched with hydraulic cememt. We are then having the walls painted with a waterproof paint. The floor will be painted with 3 coats (one contractor) or cosmetically (another contractor by our request). There are no cracks on the floor. We have some cracks in the wall but water does not seem to have come in from them. Are there any brands of paint or hydraulio cement that are poor performers and should be avoided? No one is using Dry Lock.

We are very confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: French Drain and paint concerns

I have just started on a basement job, and the home owner previously used dry lock after she had some moister issues. It seams to be working fine so far (A year or so). If anyone has had any issues with this product, please let me know. Hopefully before I start framing in the basement. Sorry for piggy backing on your post, but reading it has given me some concern.

Thanks in advance...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here