Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Renovating my basement into a family room

Posted by casey628 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 22, 06 at 9:25

I found this great article that has inspired me to redo my basement and use barnwood to decorate. Let me know what you all think...

http://www.progressivefarmer.com/farmer/family/article/0,24672,1130405,00.html

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Renovating my basement into a family room

I know someone who has done the same thing. They had their whole house decorated with it. It looks great.

o

Sounds like a good idea to me too. I think I would enjoy the rustic appeal.

o

go for it,it will look great.I saw a house with the whole basement that way and it just looks great.

o

casey628,

All I can say to the responses is "ditto"...done a basement like that once and it did look good....away from the norm.

o

It IS a nice look.... but it's a bear to clean.

o

Definately a committment to one style. I wouldn't like it but if you are into rustic go for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here